Added an iPad Mini 5 & Pencil to the toolset recently and it’s actually made for much quieter sessions for evening and weekend computing. As a matter of fact, wasn’t until right before writing this post that even a social network was added to the Mini… intentionally putting the onus on the owner to define a different gravity to connectivity. Gravity causes this revisited constellation of devices and connectivity to orient yet another perspective or approach to addressing complexity. But, like any good constellation, it’s just a point in space to orient oneself. It isn’t the destination, or the road.
This week’s notable reads follows a similar horizon-view:
- Never Underestimate the Intelligence of Trees - Issue 77: Underworlds - Nautilus
- To Pay Attention, the Brain Uses Filters, Not a Spotlight | Quanta Magazine
- Forget STEM, We Need MESH
- How Helsinki Built ‘Book Heaven’ - CityLab
- Above Avalon: Apple Watch Forced Fitbit to Sell Itself
No articles from the queue just yet. Much to consider, and several in drafts. And well, perhaps something to explore now that there is a new device in hand to create and extend the canvas…