Writing a forward for an upcoming book and was impressed to think about the contexts of love, lust, and loss. Sounds complicated and a bit obscure to ventures somewhat bracketed around technology and its changes. But, it makes good sense to think about how these tools and behaviors effect what is appreciated, gained, or denied because of those tools/behaviors. Perhaps these links which have stuck out from the past seven days knit around a similar theme for you as well. Or, maybe just one of those — love, lust, and loss — sticks out. Suffice to say, those things which are complex and magical do impress on us that reality.
- Tyrone V. Ross Jr. on Twitter: Post workout thoughts, financial inclusion and “privilege” and why you should NOT buy bitcoin.
- Chinese Whispers: Social App Little Red Book Starts to Eliminate Micro-influencers, and More | Jing
- Design Is Protopian by @monikabielskyte — YouTube
- Taliban fighters double as reporters to wage Afghan digital war - Reuters
- The Ultimate Commuter Electric Bike, of the (Near) Future
Nothing created this week due to putting that energy towards several workshops. New content will come back next week (even with the USA doing the holiday thing on Monday). Here’s some of what’s been published over the past weeks to hold you over till then:
- Efficiency and Sufficiency
- Between Communicating & Desiging
- Ethicl UX As A Social/Security Vector
- Notable Reads for 18 May 🔗
Read more about what Avanceé does or financially support this site here.