Some challenges are harder than others. When in the midst of significant change, the challenge to maintain one’s bearings, alongside adapting to the unknowable opportunities/consequences of the oncoming reality, tends to make a mountain or a mess out of a lot of us. And yet, what it will mean to cross that chasim, and become that thing you were sure was coming — and are surprised all the same — speaks to the beauty of the challenge. Whether personal, organizational, or national, the hardness of the challenge of change isn’t that its happening, but that you’ve built a new something to which the old one is only good enough to stand on.
The challenge of change is the thread for this collection of notable links. And as usual, a few thoughts from us bracket those notable reads:
- CES 2019 Show Report via Steve Sinofsky/Learning By Shipping
- The Brain Maps Out Ideas and Memories Like Spaces via Quanta Magazine
- The Route of a Text Message via The Scottbot Irregular
- Work is solving problems and learning is answering questions via Esko Kilpi on Interactive Value Creation
- Why the Color of Technology Must Change via Amber Case
Just a few from us this week: