Lots of flooding — both in rainfall and information — across various timelines this week. It’s almost as if the summer has found something of its own pace, and we aren’t used to it heating up to something a bit different. Perspective, or what we notice or don’t notice about the nuance of contexts, frames this week’s link share:
- Don’t Ban Scooters, Redesign Streets via Curbed
- The Etymology of Parking via Michele Richmond
- Color Me A Dinosaur: This History of Crayola Crayons, Charted via Data Pointed
- Chart Party: Using Automation to Eliminate Image Drudgery via Six Colors
- The iPad vs. Mac Juxtaposition via Above Avalon
And a few from here:
Items have been cross-publishing on a dedicated channel on Medium. However, cross-publishing seems to not be working cleanly at the moment. Items will still be published at the Medium channel; just not in the same cadence as here.
Special note: Am speaking about digital humanism (aka, some of the ingredients behind Avanceé) at The Brigadoon Annapolis Salon Dinner + Sailing + Lecture Event in September. Join if you are in the area, or get in touch of this or similar topics you’d like to take a step beyond your box.